Tuesday, September 29, 2015

All the Time in the World

You going anywhere
Or should I stay here?

Ten minutes ago
Dinosaurs were roaming the earth

Who knows where I am now
Or where I'll be by the time you leave

At one point, you touched me
And I saw Galileo

You kissed my neck
And there was Marie Antoinette

We finished and I saw time jump in front of me
Running ahead like a scared rabbit

Lock your fingers into mine
And don't unlock them

Let's tangle up our legs
And our arms

Stare at me
Just stare at me

I want to see if I can keep you here
Or at least be able to say I tried

Have your noticed that your ceiling
Has planets on it now

Moons and meteors
And things that orbit other things

The walls are painted by Michelangelo
The floors are ocean, the bed's a boat

We sail the world when we make love
Finding new places, covering new corners

The watch on your nightstand starts and stops
The alarm clock becomes a campfire

I trace my finger up your legs
And flags of great nations appear

A kiss on your stomach becomes an icy pond
And young couples skate on it in circles and squares

You've already moved on
But I'm still here, keeping a ghost warm

This was too much, too soon, not enough, and plenty
This was one night and all the nights from now, from then, for us, for everyone

This was all the time in the world
And I got to count it

I got to count it up
I got to have it

With you

No comments:

Post a Comment