Monday, December 30, 2013

Call the Boy Euphoria

He likes
Taking pictures of himself

Across the street
The party's winding down

Gonna come out of your room?
Say good-bye to your guests?

Pass, take the bottle with you
Take whatever you want

What's up with you?
I'm watching something

Don't feel like you're invading something
You're admiring

A hundred feet away
There's a painting hanging

And every once in awhile
It moves and captures itself

Lick your lips
Bite your tongue

You rented this place
So you could feel young

And right there, is somebody
Doing better than you

A love affair develops
Built with nothing but glass and curiosity

Do you see me?
I see you
How could you not--

The curtains never get drawn
The lights never go out

He's doing things
He shouldn't do

Friends don't come by
Nobody rings, nobody cares

I'll stay here with you
It's going to snow tonight

Little things start to flash
Bursts of detail you crave

The tattoo on his ring finger
Huh, how'd that get there?

Who did you used
To belong to?

Did they appreciate you
Like I do?

I call you Euphoria
I don't need to know
Your real name

A dog barking, a car alarm
Nothing breaks my attention

You take a photo of yourself
For who?  For what?

What is it
You're trying
To set
In stone?

Does it make you feel
Less alone?

Looking at pictures of yourself
And feeling so different
From what you see
That they become pictures of other people

People who can keep you company?

I don't know

Touch the glass
A reasonable cold

This want is something
That will need to be
Taken from me

It won't go away on its own

Can you do it for me?
Do you have your scalpel?

I'll never hurt
But I'll allow myself
To be hurt

Sometimes letting someone else ruin you
Is the most freeing thing of all

It creates a relationship
An accidental obligation

Too bad
Too bad

Too bad I'm stuck here
And you're there
And I'm too sunk in
To sail across the street
And ring your bell

For now just pose
And aim
And snap
And keep trying
To see what I see

I'll be over here
If you need me

No comments:

Post a Comment