Thursday, April 25, 2013

In the Morning

Better call a cab
No point staying here
No point at all

Better dress yourself
You'll get cold fast
The heat's turned off

And the floor is cold
And the bed is bare
And your skin is soft
And the words aren't there
To say--

Maybe I'll call you
Some other day

You better kiss me now
'Cause you won't be kissing me
In the morning

Better get a good look at me
If you ever want
To see me again

Got a rooftop
Calling my name
That's why I gotta get going

It'll be summer soon
And that's no good for me
What good is light
For those who can't see

I'm not a bad guy, I swear
And would I lie
About being a bad guy?

You remind me of...

Never mind

And the bills aren't paid
And the rent is due
And I spent my last buck
Getting drunk with you

So there's only one thing
Left to do

Better kiss me now
'Cause kissing's not a morning thing
And you may not like me very much
When you think about me
In the morning

Thank you for the pleasure
Of an evening
With somebody

Whose skin is soft
Who smiles so nice
Who feels so warm
When it's cold outside

I think this'll be
The last thing I remember

In the morning's when
I miss her more than anything

She woke up one day
And she kissed me twice
Said she'd had enough
But it'd all been nice

And she was leaving
The same way I'm leaving now

So kiss me now
Before I climb up to salvation

Move me now
Before I go all numb
And senseless

Touch me now
And then wave me away

Kiss me now
I never belonged here
Anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment