Friday, September 30, 2016

What I Did for the Moment

How long did I wait
Before I turned around
Did I have to leave a note
To let you know I held my ground

I was making something of myself
But you could never see
How hard it was to fail that big
And still believe in me

Pride is driving fast on cracking ice
Desperation’s knowing that you can’t afford the price
Try to get it right and you run out of time instead
Waking up alone in someone else’s unmade bed

You wouldn’t believe
How far I’d go to try and make believe
That you were finally starting to believe
That I saw you and you were seeing me

And at that moment, it felt right
And at that moment, I was wild
I had twice my grandma’s wisdom
And I felt just like a child

At that moment, I was who
I always thought that I could be
And you wouldn’t believe
What I did for the moment

The clock tells you a fairy tale
Your face says something else
You don’t remember who you were
But you remember how you felt

You got all the troubles in the world
So why not write a song
And the one person who loves you
Turns out to be all wrong

You wouldn’t believe
What it took to make myself believe
That you were never ever gonna leave
And I thought you would end up here with me

And in the moment, it was fine
And in the moment, it was good
I was trying like a fool
And doing what I could

At that moment, I was who
I always thought that I could be
And you wouldn’t believe
What I did for the moment

But the moment's in the ground
Before you get the chance to grieve
And you bury it with everything
You thought that you believed

You're left with just a memory
Of a time that never was
And you realize that passion
Can sometimes masquerade as love

And for a moment, you're in charge
And for a moment, you're not lost
And you can pay off all your love notes
And not worry 'bout the cost

At that moment, you pass by
All the places you never got to see
And you can't believe
What you did for the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment