Saturday, October 19, 2019

A Stoner on a Ferris Wheel

The Ferris Wheel isn’t moving

...Or is it?

It’s so hard to tell

Because what is movement?

And what is progress?

And if I sit here long enough
Will gravity move the wheel for me?

Am I entitled to movement?

So many people
Think they’re entitled
To so many things

Movement
Gravity
Cotton Candy

I’d really...like some cotton candy

I’d like….equal rights for all

And popcorn

And I’d like to...get down now

The Ferris Wheel was invented
By the people at the top
Who want us to think
We’re going places
When really
We’re just going in a circle

They also invented the merry-go-round
The rotary
And the baggage claim at the airport

That’s why I never pack
When I go anywhere

And that’s why I don’t drive
Or ride horses
That aren’t real

I don’t ride real horses either
But all creatures should be free
To roam the jungle
Without saddles

Hey, did we start moving again?

Because the moon
Was definitely over there before
And now it’s over...there

Imagine if the moon wasn’t in the sky?

Like, what if it lived on a farm
Like Big Bird
In that movie
Where he gets lost in the foster care system?

No really
That’s what that movie is about

Think about it

Do you think they check on the rides
After the carnival is closed
The way they check on animals in the zoo
To make sure they’re not masturbating?

All zoos are hella Puritanical
Especially the ones that let you pet
The crocodiles

That’s why I get all my fun
At the Best Buy

I’ve returned the same DVD player
Seventeen times
And they still haven’t caught on

What am I doing, you may ask?

You’ll see

....And I’ll see

I just hope I get down from this Ferris Wheel in time
To see the sun come up

I guess I could see it from here
But when my field of vision expands too much
It feels like when you’re at the movies
And the curtains keep opening
Until you’re like--

Whoa

What kind of a movie theater still has curtains?

I guess there’s no rush

Pretty soon autumn will be spring
And spring will be next year
And next year will be last year
And then you’re time-traveling
And it’s only that you’ll understand
The real reason
They won’t let you have a dog

Once I get down
I’m going in the fun house

Because until you’ve seen yourself
In one of those mirrors
Where your head is on the body
Of Franklin Roosevelt
You haven’t really been to the carnival

It’s been a long time
Since I’ve seen myself

Gotta do it the right way
You know what I mean?

There’s a right and a wrong way
To do just about

Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment