Thursday, July 19, 2018

I Don't Believe in Anything But Heaven

I don’t believe in
What you think
Might be coming for me
Here on earth

There is nothing here on earth
Just salt and grime
And some crops
To harvest

But nothing I need to be afraid of

I speak to the Lord
I know the Lord’s language
And what he says to me
Leads me to believe
That I don’t need to be afraid

Of you
Or your chains
Or your bondage

There is joy and justice
In Heaven
And in Heaven only

And so nothing short of Heaven
And my right to enter it
Is going to send me
Towards any grief
Over what I have to
While I’m on an earthly plane

Do you understand what I’m saying?

Now they’re talking about
The kidnapping
And whether or not what we did--

What you have to get--okay
What you have to get about this
Is that--

You’re looking at it
Like an innocent pregnant girl
And her kidnapping

But it’s about murder

You can’t--

What I’m trying to say is--

You can’t just call her
An innocent pregnant girl
Because she had no desire
To be pregnant
And if we hadn’t of taken her
She wouldn’t be pregnant right now

And that was my son’s baby
That he had rights to
And she didn’t give a damn about that
And neither did anybody else
And I think that’s wrong

I’m sorry, but I think that’s just wrong

So we took her
Me and my husband
We took her

And we weren’t going to hurt her

Nobody was going to get hurt
Except for that baby
If we let her go

And as soon as she was--

It wasn’t cheap either
Just so you know
Taking care of her
All those months

Keeping like that
It wasn’t cheap
Or easy
I’ll tell you that

And we never asked for any--

And no, I don’t feel badly
For her parents
Because they were going to just
Let her do it

They didn’t care

When she was ready
We took her to the hospital
And that was that

And now we got a baby

And she seems pretty happy
With that baby
If you go by the, uh, pictures
You see on the computer

She doesn’t seem all that upset
That we made her
Have that baby
Instead of murdering it

So I don’t know
What the crime is here
I really don’t

But you can’t tell me
What’s wrong and what isn’t

No man or woman
On this earth can

Only God can do that

And he’s going to be waiting for me
When I get to Heaven
To thank me
For what I did

I believe that
I believe in that and Heaven

I don't believe in anything but Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment