Tuesday, July 10, 2018

The Violent Red You Left Behind

He’s talking about
What’s left in the bedroom
And is it a mess

Yeah, it’s a mess
And I ain’t cleaning it
That’s for fucking sure

Goji thinks he’s getting
A security deposit back
And his fucking turtle
I don’t think so

I do not--

I haven’t even been in that room
Since he left
And the turkey spots
Started popping up
All over my arm

This is him
Is what it is

It’s like chemical warfare
I’m not kidding

The doctor looked at me
And went to get three other doctors
And I just took off

When a doctor needs
To call in
Reinforcements?

You don’t think about anything
But getting the fuck out of
Wherever it is
You are

On the way home
I called Goji on my cell
Saying--

‘Dammit, Goji
What the fuck did you give me
Before you took off’

Nasty little burn kinda turkey you know spots

I called them everything under the sun
And they keep blistering and popping

They itch like a bastard
And no cream or nothing
Does any good

The red goes so deep
Sometimes I think
I’m looking at the blood
Near the bone
But it’s just surface stuff

Ridges and tears
And if you put a bandage over it
It just comes undone
Like it wants the world to know
You’re marked
Because you were dumb enough
To shack up
With a fucking loser
Like Goji

He left a messy bedroom
And all these fucking spots
And me with no healthcare
No money
No way to pay the bill
From the doctor
Who couldn’t even help me

And these creams
And ointments and shit
They don’t come cheap
I can tell you that

He kicked me when I was already down, you know

I was already feeling
That baked oven feeling
Where I gotta stay up all night
Checking the switches
To make sure
The electricity’s not trying
To take human form

I already knew the spots were there
But I could keep ‘em at bay
As long as I had Goji in the house
To feed me
And keep me strong

As soon as he left
They knew it

They knew it
And pop pop pop
There they were
And I thought--

Fuck

What am I supposed to do now?

He was always a quiet man
But man, what he left behind?

Violent

Violent red
All over me

Worse than bruises
Worse than scars

Something that’s not gonna heal
Something that’s going to stick around

For a long
Long

Time

No comments:

Post a Comment