Monday, September 3, 2018

Buying Drinks for Stubborn Men

Gonna get him a bourbon


Gonna get him a bourbon
At the airport
And I’m not feeling
Ironic about it


Who the fuck
Who the fuck drinks bourbon
At an airport


Jesus Christ


He keeps saying
He’s not coming
To Seattle with me


Fine


Stay where you are
And see how that gets you off


It won’t
It won’t do a fucking thing
For you


But you--


You’re convinced


You’re sitting here convinced
That we’re not gonna mix business
And more business


And that there’s some
Illustrious morality
In waiting at a terminal
For a plane to arrive
And take you to three solid days
Of fucking on sandy beaches
Next to crabshacks
And surfer huts


I have no support
For your stubbornness


You can’t eat pride
And you can’t fuck dignity


I am sitting here
Offering you
A few hours
Of vampire darkness
And eternal
Medicinal
Power


There is a money grab going on
At the top of Manhattan
And you’re--


You


--Are going to the other side of the fucking country


Because you’re like
Those Northern civilians on the hill
During the Civil-fucking-War
Watching actual
Fucking
Soldiers
Fight


I spent all my good days
Buying drinks
For stubborn men
And all it got me
Was a spectator seat
At a few second-tier fights


Now I will get you as drunk
As you wanna get
But once you are
You have to make
Some hard choices


I don’t care about your--your--your--


Fucking
Drinking
Problem


I don’t care
About your drinking problem


I don’t care
About any of your problems


I care about a plane
On a tarmac
Taking you somewhere
That is not helpful to me


To me


Lock your fucking jaw in
Right next to your heels
But the bourbon
Is about to flow
And you are asking
To get a taste
Of what I keep
Behind the bar
So don’t look at me
Like it’s animal instinct talking
It is pure
Fucking
MONEY
Talking
Here
Buddy


It’s not dandelion wine
It’s straight up
And it’s aged


Now pull your fucking lip up
Clean your nose out
And rip that fucking plane ticket in half
Because we have places to be
Top of Manhattan
And a money grab
Means
There is money
To grab


So why are you sitting here
Twiddling your dick
Like a pocketwatch


I’ll get you your drink
And then you need to get me something


Then you need to show up


You need
To stop being stubborn
And start acting
Like a man


The only thing in your way
Is your pride
And if I have to take that away from you
To turn you into something useful
Then so fucking help me--


I’ll do it


And I’ll take a few other things
While I’m at it

No comments:

Post a Comment