Tuesday, June 9, 2009

That's What It Takes

Oh, I get it
See, I get it
No, I get it
Trust me, I get it

I gotta be the addiction
I gotta be the cause
I gotta be the flaws
In your dynamic
Way of living
To be giving you
What you need me to

I gotta be demanding
Commanding all your time
And energy
Funneling it all to me
So finally you can love me
More than you love
The holes in your logic

I have to be
A broken soul
So you can fix me

No, I get it
Yes, I get it
Really, I get it
Baby, I get it

I gotta be the drink
To your alcoholism
I gotta be the salt
To your open wound
I gotta be the candy
To your baby teeth

I gotta be bad for you
And sad for you
And glad for you
When you find someone who
Will systematically destroy you
Once they're done toying with you

That's what it takes
And if that's what it takes
I'll break before I break you
Do you get it?

Yeah, you get it

No comments:

Post a Comment