Tuesday, July 5, 2011

King Tut's Interior Designer

You want me to do what?

Well, where am I supposed to put that many servants?

And they're going to be LIVING?

When they're entombed with you?

Oh, you are just trying to give me migraines now

Can't you just kill them
Before you seal them up in the pyramid?

Isn't the point
That they go into the Afterlife with you?

Yes, I know they'll die eventually
But in the meantime
They're going to be walking around
TOUCHING THINGS

I don't want grubby little servant hands
Touching my urns

Vases, Tut Tut
Urns are vases

Although I don't want them touching THAT either

Now I have to accommodate
Until they die of starvation
Or lack of air

Food, water, restroom facilities--

And I told you that I could not fit ONE MORE BATHROOM
Into that pyramid

Didn't I tell you that?

NO THAT IS NOT WHAT THE URNS ARE FOR!

Besides, these are lower class people
They'll end up peeing on the floor

Right on top of my gorgeous imported
Mesopotamian rugs!

Which reminds me
You can't go to war with the Greeks
Until AFTER I have Mikos the Contractor
Finish the marble flooring
In the Virgin Sacrifice room

Do you know how hard it is
To find a reliable contractor in this kingdom?

Now, about this playroom

I realize you're only eight
But can't you understand
That in feng shui
The 'play' area has to be a cohesive part
Of the overall space?

In other words, you're not getting one

You're going to be dead
What do you need a playroom for?

Don't you think there'll be plenty of toys for you
In the Afterlife?

I think I saw someone draw a yo-yo
On the North Mural
Right next to the nine-headed boar
That awaits you
At the gates of--

Wherever the hell it is you people believe
You go to when you die

OH THANK ALL EIGHTEEN GODS IT'S HERE!

Do you like your tomb?

I had it shellacked

It really adds that extra sparkle, don't you think?

...Okay okay, fine...

...I'll send it back

It'll be like driving a knife through my headdress
But I'll send it back

You're the King, after all

If you say that you don't want a shiny coffin
Then I have to respect that

I have to respect you
And your authority

...And your bad taste

Hmm?  What?

Never mind, moving on

I want to show you these grape bowls

Not to be confused with the pomegranate bowls
Which are a purple-esque 'grape' color
But not meant for eating grapes out of

But before I do that

There is the little matter of my fee

How much were you--

...Oh...

So if you're pleased
Then I don't get locked in the lion room?

...Well...

That sounds fair!

Okay!

It's time for swatches!

No comments:

Post a Comment