Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Where I Can See the City

I wanted to move to a place
Where I could see the city

And from here I can

From here I can sit in a chair
By a window

And look at buildings
Lit up
Lit all night

Streetlights
Showing me
Possible roads
And intersections

That I can walk down safely
Whenever I feel like it

Windows where my neighbors live
Sleep, eat, stay up all night

Watch me
Watching them
Watch me
Watching them live

Behind those windows

I wanted to be up on a hill
Overlooking a metropolis

Where restaurants serve expensive desserts
And theater is done in large, echoing halls
And art galleries open and close, open and close

And I can watch it all
From my comfortable chair
On my golden wood floors
With a cup of tea
And a good book
Sitting on the table
Next to me

They'll wait there
Until I'm ready to stop looking
At the place
I keep meaning to go to

The place I want to be close to

So much so
That I go
Inch by inch
Step by step

Closer and closer

Until one day
I'll look around
And realize I'm in it

I'm finally in it

And then I won't have to find a place to look
Anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment