Friday, August 12, 2011

My Daughter's Reading Level

Kennedy is reading at a tenth grade reading level
Even though she's only eight

We've had her tested
By a very reputable tester
And the tester said
She tested
Like nobody he's ever tested before

Apparently she's so beyond the test
That they're making a new test
Just to try and get an accurate representation
Of what level she may be at
But they think ultimately
She's just untestable

She's already read the entire phonebook

Every page
Every listing

She particularly enjoyed the 'G's

She wrote an entire report
On how the 'A's differed from the 'J's
And that report won an award

Actually, they have to make a new award to give her
Because the report was so good
They didn't even have an award
That would accurately represent
How brilliant the report was
And ultimately, they think she's just unawardable

I feel bad for her sometimes

When you're that brilliant
It's almost impossible
To interact with other children

You see, to a parent like you
A child, your child for instance
Might seem perfectly intelligent
But to my daughter
Your child would seem like a potato

Like a dumb baked potato
With arms and some hair

It's a curse for her
Poor thing

Well, we have to get going

I have to pick up a set of encyclopedias
For Kennedy to read

She heard that 'Q-R' is a real page-turner

After that I don't know what we'll do

I suppose we could put her in a gifted school
But some of those kids can be so snobby
And their parents--Yuck!

Am I right?  Hahaha

Just being in one of those places
Can give a kid a big head

And that's the last thing I want Kennedy to have

I mean, as it is
They already measured her head
Because at one point
I was concerned that her brain was getting too big
For that little skull of hers

And wouldn't you know
They found her head to be immeasurable

The poor thing

The poor, poor thing

No comments:

Post a Comment