Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Thousand Orgasms

He gave me a thousand orgasms
Before he died of a broken heart

Someone else had cut him loose
And he found his way to me

A piece of advice
Find a man
Who has something
To prove

Then brace yourself
You’re about to find yourself
Changed

Within minutes, we were stripped
Left with nothing but our legs
And our mouths
And our suggestions to each other
About which way to go
And what things to try

In heartbeats, we were moving past
Our own histories
Well...I was

He was lost in his objective

To prove that he was a man
Someone should regret losing

I’ll save you all the clever sexual verbs
How he ravished me
Devoured me
Did things to me
That a half-starved lion
Would do to a flank steak

None of that’s interesting

At least not to me


I’m sure your minds must be...reeling

All you need to know
--The only lascivious thing
You need to keep
In
Mind

Is that with that man
I experienced a thousand orgasms

And what I didn’t know
Until I was with him
Is that orgasms
Are experiences
And by virtue of them
Being experiences
No two are alike

Snowflakes, you know,
Although that’s really just bullshit
Because you the fuck can tell what a snowflake looks like
Unless you put it under a microscope

No, I’m talking about--
What I”m talking about is--

A story

Or, you know, a thousand stories
A thousand perfect
Simple, and yet, undeniably complex
Little stories

Little deaths
French, you know?

And that was astounding to me
Because I’d--

Oh God, this is kind of a confession, isn’t it?

I didn’t mean it to be

Although, I guess it’s impossible to talk about sex
Without confessing something

Anyway, uh--

I’d never had an orgasm

Never, not once

I mean, I’d been with, you know,
A fair share, of uh, you know
But never--

Not once, uh--never

Never ever

So...as you can imagine

The first time--

Well, and then, the fact
That the first time
Was followed up by the, uh--haha
The second and the third
Straight to the thousandth

Straight on to Neverland
Straight on to morning, you know?

I mean, I went there
To Hook and back
Crocodiles and all

And, uh, it was…

But the whole thing was so--um, bodily, you know?

Not bodily, what’s the word I mean?

Physical

It was so physical
But not intimate
Not, I mean, not even really sexual
Just…

I mean, truth be told,
It was kind of lonely
Kind of isolated

Because he wasn’t with me, you see?

He was off somewhere else
Thinking about who he was showing up

And there I was
Pressed up against him
Wondering when he was going to check in
And realize who I was

That I wasn’t the person who hurt him
That I was…

That I was someone whose life
Was changing right in front of his eyes

But it never happened

One orgasm after another
And the whole time
It’s just me

It’s just me and that grinding axe of his

. . . . .

When it was all over
I felt like I needed to thank him
But all I could do was stare at the back of him
Watching his jeans go up
And his shoulders shrug down

He was disappointed
In me or himself
I couldn’t tell which

And he left through the side door
Grabbing an apple on his way out

I was stung more than if he had been a hornet
Laying in bed, wondering--

Did something that just happen for me
Or at me
Or to me
Or with me…

Not with me
That was for sure

I took a drag off a joint I’d rolled
And thought to myself--

Jesus Christ

A week later he was dead

Drowned in that little lake
Over near the high school

We were young, you know
Stuff like that, well--

Stuff like that used to happen all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment