Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ted Bundy Wasn't That Bad

I understand that a lot of people
Have their own opinions about him
But as Ted's second cousin
I would ask that you respect his family
At this time

We understand that he brutally murdered
Numerous women
But that was just one side of him

He could also be kind, decent
And very charming
Very, very charming

And also, we don't, you know
Have all the facts about everything

I mean, we have a lot of facts
But those facts are facts I haven't looked at
Because they differ with my opinion
So I'm assuming they don't really prove anything

I mean, who can really say who's a bad person
And who's a good person?

Like, who's in a position to judge like that?

Yes, there are quantitatively good people
Like Jesus and Carly Simon
And yes, there are bad people
Like Hitler and Cat Stevens
But Ted Bundy?

Where does he fall?

I mean, can we really say?
Can we?

I just think we should all let the dead be dead, you know?
Because they can't really be anything else

So just let them be
And respect those of us
Who want to talk about them
As if they were angels on Earth
And never human beings with flaws
Because now is not the time to talk about what they did wrong
And now that they're dead
That time will never come
And that's what's so great about dying

You can never have anything you did
Be held against you again
Except for, like, history books and stuff
Or as I like to call them "Opinion Books"

Please let my family and I grieve
And refrain from thinking our cousin was nothing but a murderer

I mean, he was a murderer
But that wasn't all he was
At least not to us
And that's our truth
And since the only people who knew him were us
And the women he...you know...um, yeah--

Then how can anybody really say anything about him at all?

 Right?

So...

Rest in Peace, Ted
Rest in Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment