Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Taking It From Boys

She’s going around
Taking it
From all the boys

And she’s proud of it
And the boys aren’t complaining
So I don’t know
What you want me to do about it

I don’t have the sense of--

As far as I can tell
Everything is very consensual
And enthusiastic
And nobody’s getting--

Well, yeah they’re too young
They’re not eighteen
But they’re not fifteen either
They’re going to be in college
In two years

And it’s not like
She’s the only one

Daphne from two blocks over
She’s been working
That part of--

I didn’t mean to say ‘working’
You know what I mean

She’s been having her fun
And so’s Iz, so--

Well, I don’t know what
You want me to say to her

That she should be ashamed?

I’m not telling her
To be ashamed
Until she does something
She should be ashamed of

Otherwise, I’m just going to get her
All mixed up
About what shame is
And what--

Being interested
In things of that nature
That doesn’t make her a bad kid

Now, if she was going around
Smacking boys across the face
Then yeah, I’d be talking to her about it
But this is--

Well, I think it’s sort of healthy

Yes, there are other things
I’d like her to be doing

I’m her father
If it were up to me
I’d never have to think about her
Doing stuff like this

But I also want her to have a happy life
And sex is a, a, a--

Well, unless you’re just not
Interested in it all
Sex is a key part
Of a healthy life

And, uh, I don’t know
At what point
In her life
I’d like my daughter to--

Discover that

But, you know
Now seems to be
As good a time as any
Since they’re now putting toddlers
On the cover of magazines
Over the word ‘Sexy’

Sexy toddlers--

What I’m saying is--

If I’m supposed to be
One of those dad’s
Or parents
Or--

If I’m supposed to be
One of those parents
Who tries to stop their kid
From having sex
I think I have to say--

Uh…

I think we’ve all collectively
Lost that battle

I think they’re having sex
I think they’re all having sex
Except the ones who can’t
Because they’re not attractive

But the rest of them?

They’re having sex

And the only thing I worried about
Was someone, uh--

Taking that experience
From my daughter

Taking it in a way where--

Where she was traumatized
Or hurt
Or left feeling...feeling…

Like so many girls feel
When they…

I guess, I mean
I don’t know
But--

So if she’s taking it from them?
From the boys?
And the boys are okay with it?

Then I’m okay with it

I’m not thrilled about it, but--

I mean, as a parent, it’s like--

When are you ever thrilled?

When’s the last time you were thrilled?

My kid is alive
She’s healthy
She’s not a murderer

And she’s taking it from boys

That’s, uh--

Well

That might be as good as it gets

No comments:

Post a Comment