Sunday, October 20, 2013

Gift Baskets

I'd just like to say a few things
Since I'm entitled to an exit interview

Now, I don't know who's going to be watching this tape
But whoever you are
I request that you look into the matter
Of my termination
As it is both foolhardy and nonsensical

Here's what happened:

We were backed up in the wrapping department
Christmas was coming
The kids are getting excited
Santa's driving everybody crazy
And I came up with a brilliant plan
To not only get all the presents wrapped
But to get it done EARLY

Two words, whoever's-watching-this:

Gift...Baskets

I took all the toys we had left to wrap
And I put them in gift baskets

Problem solved

But of course, everybody gets all ticked off
And I lose my job

I was personally scolded by Santa
Because, according to him
Kids love unwrapping presents

As if a kid wouldn't enjoy receiving a beautiful gift basket
Just as much

You should have SEEN these baskets
I put RIBBONS around them
I draped TINSEL over them
I even threw in some assorted boxes of imported pasta
For the kids who were extra good this year

And this is the thanks I get!

I make thousands of beautiful baskets
Not cheap baskets either
WICKER--I'm talking WICKER

And here I am
Out of a job

Merry Christmas to me

...They did let me keep one of the baskets though...and it has cheese in it so...

I guess that's something

No comments:

Post a Comment