Saturday, October 19, 2013

Vin Diesel Explains Gravity to Isaac Newton

     (VIN DIESEL and ISAAC NEWTON are sharing a cab.)

VIN:  You get ninety minutes then BOOM.  Space shit hits you.

ISAAC:  How fast was the debris traveling?

VIN:  Really f#$king fast.  That's how fast.

ISAAC:  I would imagine so.

VIN:  That's why she had to break into the space station.

ISAAC:  Are there many of these space stations?

VIN:  Yeah, there's, like, one every couple of miles.

ISAAC:  Space must be so crowded now.

VIN:  A lotta shit floating around up there.

ISAAC:  And it causes hazards?

VIN:  Yeah, it f&#ks shit up too.

ISAAC:  Well, of course.

VIN:  That's gravity for you.

     (A beat.)

ISAAC:  But that isn't gravity at all.

VIN:  Dude, trust me.  It's gravity.  I saw it like four times.

ISAAC:  Gravity is a theory.

VIN:  Fine, in THEORY, I saw it four times.

ISAAC:  I mean that the definition of gravity--

VIN:  Look, look, look--this happens all the time when I make movies.  You fly out of a car over a bridge, catch your little lesbian friend, and hit the pavement on the highway a hundred feet away from you and everybody gets mad because they say you can't do that in real life.  But how do they know you can't?  I could fly out of a car if I wanted to.

ISAAC:  You can fly?

VIN:  Maybe I can!  Who the f#$k knows?

ISAAC:  Gravity would actually play a part in you not being able to fly.  You see--

VIN:  Mumbo jumbo, Dumbo.  That's what my aunt used to say before she'd beat me with her turtle spoon.

ISAAC:  I'm sorry?

VIN:  It means keep ya mouth shut, okay?

ISAAC:  You're quite antagonistic.

VIN:  I've had a hard life.

ISAAC:  Really?

VIN:  No, I just look like I have.

ISAAC:  I suppose I don't, but my life was somewhat sad.  I was born prematurely three months after the death of my father and my mother said I was so small I could have fit in a beer stein.

VIN:  That's f#$ked up.

ISAAC:  But one perseveres, doesn't one?

VIN:  Yeah, whatever.

ISAAC:  So what happens after she enters the station in space?

VIN:  She talks to some Chinese guy and then she barks and shit now I'm going to cry.  That shit hit me hard, man.

ISAAC:  Did some sort of space madness overtake her?

VIN:  Dude, you try floating around while rockets fly at you and see how you do.

ISAAC:  And at some point does she return to Earth?

VIN:  I mean, I don't want to give anything away--

ISAAC:  I'm just wondering at what point gravity comes into play?

VIN:  Dude, the whole movie is gravity.  It's called Gravity.

ISAAC:  But I thought you had specific examples of--

VIN:  Look!  You and me?  We're nothing.  Okay?  We're nothing!  You're not my family!  You get that?

ISAAC:  What does that have to do with--

VIN:  Sorry, man.  I'm trying to learn lines for my next movie and it's so hard.  Sometimes I have to work the lines into my daily life, you know?

ISAAC:  I'm not familiar with the theater but--

VIN:  Take your #$% out of my #$%, dude!

ISAAC:  What sort of play is this?

VIN:  That's not a line.  You're just irritating the f#$k out of me.

ISAAC:  My apologies, Mr. Diesel.  Perhaps we should continue our ride in silence.

VIN:  Yeah, good idea.

     (A beat.)

VIN:  You really gotta see that movie though man.

ISAAC:  I think I shall let the stars and their mysteries remain outside my understanding.

VIN:  Okay, but after you do that, you really gotta see this f#$king movie.

ISAAC:  I...All right.

     (The cab stops at a light.)

No comments:

Post a Comment