Monday, October 26, 2020

Papa Bear Forgets

Mama Bear, does anything

Look different to you?


Well, normally

We don’t leave the front door

Open like that


I’m not saying

We never leave it open

But barely, you know


Oh--barely--Ha!


And wasn’t there porridge

When we left?


I thought there was porridge


Did we put empty bowls

On the table

And then leave?


I feel like that’s not

Something we would do


And why are all the chairs

Broken?


Did we break all the chairs

Then go for a walk?


I’m trying to remember

What we did

Before we left

But I gotta tell you

That was a pretty long walk


I mean, I’d like to say

I remember

Exactly what happened

Beforehand

But I was on the phone

With Jack

And he was going on and on

About the beans

And the guy who sold him

The beans

And so I guess it’s possible

I zoned out

And broke my chair

Then put an empty bowl on the--


Wait!


It looks like

There IS some porridge

In the bowl


Did I eat the porridge?


Did we all eat the porridge

And then leave?


And if we did that

Why am I still hungry?


I do get hungry a lot

But I’m hungrier

Than I normally would be

If I had eaten

Before a walk


I’d still be peckish

But I don’t think
Id’ be famished

And I think I’m famished

But it’s so hard to tell

Because sometimes

You think you’re famished

And then you eat some honey

And suddenly you’re stuffed

And isn’t that interesting

And wait, was this chair broken

Before we left?


Did I talk about that already?


In the bed?


No, there definitely wasn’t

An intruder sleeping in Baby Bear’s bed

Before we left


I definitely would have

Remembered that


Mmmmmm but maybe not?


Did we tell Baby Bear

He could have a friend over

Who just happens

To be a human

And did she ask us

If she could take a nap

And did we say ‘Yes?’

And is that what happened?


And did she ask to take a nap

Before or after

We broke all our chairs

And ate all our porridge?

And did we offer her anything

Because if we didn’t

That’s not very hospitable of us

And I would hate to--


Waaaaaaaaaaiiiiit


Did Baby Bear

Break all the chairs

And eat all the porridge?


I don’t like to make accusations

But Baby Bear

Is not the most considerate of bears


It’s just the truth, Mama Bear


And if Baby Bear ate all that porridge

You could see how he could then

Break a bunch of chairs

Just by sitting on them


Yup


That’s it


It’s all adding up

No comments:

Post a Comment