Friday, October 30, 2020

The Clock

Start the clock, please


We’re going to wait for it

To tick down


You okay?


You don’t look okay


It’s just going to tick down

And then you’re done


But there’s no reason

To panic


It’s going to tick down

And then you’re done

We’re done


Is the ticking

Bothering you?


Scott, can we turn down

The volume

On the ticking?


Is that something

We can do?


It’s just loud

And it’s bothering them


They’re starting

To panic


We don’t want them

To panic


Because there’s no point


Do you hear

What I’m saying

To Scott?


There’s no point

In you panicking

Because whether you panic or not

It’s not going to matter

So just try and relax


I mean, I know

That you can’t relax

But try not to panic


There’s someplace between

Relaxation and panic

And that’s where I’d like you to be


I think the clock

Might be getting louder


Scott?


I think the clock

Is getting louder

Not quieter


Is that just me?


Okay


Can we do something

About that?


I’m not trying to torture them

With the sound of the clock

That’s not what I’m trying

To tortue them with

So I’d really like it

If we could take the sound

Of the clock

Down by at least a few--


Scott’s going to work on that


If it was bothering you

It’ll be--


I know you can’t tell me

Because you’re gagged

But I’m assuming

It was bothering you

Because it was certainly

Bothering me

And we don’t want that


We don’t want me bothered


If you’re bothered

That’s a bit more

Understandable

Because I’d expect you

To be bothered

What with being tied up

And gagged

And on the verge of--


It would just make sense

Is all I’m saying


But there’s no reason

For me to be bothered


If I’m bothered

You’re going to be

A lot more bothered

I can tell you that


Scott?


Now it’s too quiet


I can barely hear it


And we need to hear

The clock


Don’t you think

We need to hear the clock?


I wouldn’t want you

To be in the dark

About when your time

Is up


That just wouldn’t

Seem

Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment