Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Murder in Providence: Day Four

Listen--no, listen to me

I mean--you want a sign?

You want some kind of sign
Other than this?

Is this not enough?

They killed a girl, okay?

Killed her
And dumped her in the river
Like she was nothing

That's what's going on here

Darkness, okay?
I told you
Darkness

It's, like, sucking up
This entire city

That's why you have to get me out of here

Just get me a bus ticket
Look, I'm already at Kennedy Plaza, okay?

I'm already here

I just need a ticket out

Fuck you, okay?

You're in New York
You're in Manhattan
LIVING in Manhattan
And you won't get me a ticket out of here?

What about loving me?
What about how that obligates you?

You left me here to die
So you could go to your fancy fucking school
In New York
In Manhattan

You didn't even take me with you
What does that say about you?
About how you treat people?

You're no better
Than whoever threw that girl into the river
In her fucking prom dress
Sick motherfuckers

I'm going to wind up like that
Floating face-down in a river
While you sit at your fancy fucking tables
In your fancy restaurants
Letting people serve you
And tell you how great you are

Everybody leaves
Everybody fucking leaves
And the rest of us
Have to fight for our lives
Or we get slaughtered

Kill or somebody chokes
The fucking life out of you
That's the choice

Those are the options

You gotta get me that ticket, babe
Okay?

You gotta--

Please

Please get me out of here

It's going to happen again

I know it is

And either it's going to happen to me or...

Hey babe

I gotta go

No comments:

Post a Comment