Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The World Ended Last Year


Everyone said the world was going to end last year

…And they were right

Joe died last year

The world is over

For me anyway

For the kids

A man has a heart attack

And the world ends

Bet you didn’t know that could happen, did you?

Maybe you didn’t read the, uh, the what?

The prophesy

Maybe you didn’t read it right

Maybe the world wasn’t supposed to end for everybody

Maybe it was just supposed to end for me

For my family

Maybe I took the hit for the world

Did you ever think about that?

I look around now

And I feel like I’m in a science fiction novel or something

Like this is a parallel universe

Like people aren’t real

Like maybe Joe didn’t have a heart attack while he was driving

And went right into a ditch

Maybe instead a comet just hit the earth

And this is death

This is the Afterlife

This is Hell

Could that be possible?

So now I have conversations but I don’t talk and I’m not listening

People hug me and I don’t feel it

They give their condolences and I want them to die

I just want them to die

I want everybody to die

I want the world to end

Because it already has

It’s just that nobody else has noticed yet

No comments:

Post a Comment