Friday, January 4, 2013

Anxious

You know, I'm just anxious

And people are all like--

Why are you anxious?

And I feel like saying--

Are you currently living in the world?

Are you currently a member of the pre-existing world?

And you feel you have nothing to be anxious about?

Do you not read?

Do you not watch television?

Do you not participate in the world-at-large?

I'm anxious because at any given moment

A comet could hit the earth

Or a car could hit me

Or I could be chased down the street by a wacko wielding a machete

Or I could just have a heart attack and die

Do you know that you are no longer too young to die of anything?

Because of the crap they put in food now

You can die of lung cancer without smoking

You can die of breast cancer without breasts

You can die of having a heart attack at age six

We can all die of anything and everything

And I don't really want to die

I'm depressed thinking about dying

And being depressed makes me want to die

But if I thought I wasn't going to die

I would really want to live

Isn't that awful?

I mean, that fucking sucks, right?

I'm anxious because I have no money

And people tell me I'm never going to have money

Unless I win the lottery

And if I do, I'll go back to worrying about dying

I can either live in the bad stuff and deal with that

Or have good stuff happen to me

And then worry about not living long enough

To enjoy the good stuff

Those are my options

And you wonder why I'm anxious?

Don't try to make me un-anxious, okay?

Don't try to make anyone un-anxious

Don't bother

Teach people to live with it

To live with the anxiety

If the sky turned black tomorrow, would you try to change it?

Or would you learn to live with it?

Would you say 'That's the sky now'

Can't do anything about it

Because you couldn't, right?

And you'd know that

You'd know that instantly

Think about that

Really think about it

Then see how good you feel

No comments:

Post a Comment