Friday, July 1, 2011

On the Roof of Gino's Pizza

You got a smoke?

Fuckin'Trisket
Takes the night off
Like it's not a fuckin' Friday

Like we're not gonna be swamped

Jesus

You want some pepperoni?

I tried to snatch one of the mediums
That girl never picked up
But Gino yelled at me
So I just grabbed one of the pepperoni packets

Fuckin' hot down in that kitchen man
No wonder Gino's in a bad mood

Plus the sucky business
Plus the Domino's opening up across the street
Plus his ex-wife is bustin' his buddy's nuts

Gotta feel for the guy

I would

If he weren't such a fuckin' slavedriver

Look at these burns
On my hands

That's 'cause every time I'm workin'
He's gotta start ridin' me

Gettin' me distracted

I feel like tellin' him
Just because you can't ride your wife anymore
Doesn't mean you can start ridin' me

Does he do that to you?

Yeah, you're lucky

You on 'til close?

Probably looking to go home
And see that baby you got now, right?

She gettin' big?

Fuckin' crazy, man

Someone three years younger than you has a kid
You feel like...

Fuck I don't know

You gonna take her in the pool?

You're fuckin' lucky
You got in at Pine Road

Me and Katie tried to get in there
But then I got my hours cut at the shop
So we have to keep staying with her folks
Until I figure something out

My parents have a pool at their house
Up in Maine

Can't afford the fuckin' gas to go see them
But I think about it sometimes
When the day's really hot

Just go up there
And swim all day, you know?

Lay out
Like I'm a rich fuckin' bastard
With nothing better to do
Than float around all day

That's what I used to do when I was a kid

My parents aren't rich
But they do okay

They're doing better
Than I'm doing now

I'd ask 'em for help
But I'm goin' to wait
Until Katie has the baby
Then see where we're at

Can't cash in all your chips at once, you know?

When I was a kid
I used to get in that pool
The last day of school
And stay there
Until my mom dragged me out
In September

Sometimes I wonder, you know

How somebody goes from that
To sitting on the roof of a pizza place
Bumming cigarettes
And eating stolen pepperoni

Sometimes I wonder

I really do

No comments:

Post a Comment