Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tell It To the Bridge

You say you're gonna leave?

If you're gonna leave me
You're gonna tell it to the bridge

You propose to a woman on a bridge
You tell the bridge
When you're gonna live

You make a promise
Staring at the water
With the city
Staring right at you
Watching you make that promise

And then you take it back?

Well go ahead

Tell the city you took it back

Don't tell me

Tell the water
Tell the cars going by
Tell my mom

Don't put it on me

Don't make it my job

Don't punish me
Because you have to leave

You wanna leave me
Then leave me
But don't think you're leaving me
With a list of calls to make
And an eraser
So I can take your name
Off my life

You wanna leave

You take your name with you

It's not my job to get rid of it

You bring me here
So you can tell me you're leaving

Don't bother

Don't bother telling me

Tell the bridge
Tell the town
Tell the whole damn world

But don't tell me

Because, baby

I already knew

No comments:

Post a Comment