Saturday, June 16, 2018

Careful

He knock you down again?

You married the wrong brother
That’s for damn sure

You need me to get you some ice?

I’ll see what I can do about that lip
But don’t think
You’re staying here tonight

I got a girl coming over
And I don’t feel like explaining
Why my sister-in-law
Is sleeping in my bed

And don’t ask me
Any questions about her either

She’s a nice girl
From Landon Hills

She’s got nice parents
Nice job
Nice legs

We’re going to have a good time
And I’m not going to be worrying about you
Because you had my engagement ring
Halfway up your finger
And you took it off
And that’s on you, okay?

That’s your doing

I’m not heartless
I’m not a heartless person

But he smacked two years ago
And two years ago
I told you to get the hell out
Of that situation
And come stay with me

But you weren’t having it
Because you said he needed you, so…

When really all he needed
Was a punching bag

I would have treated you
Like you were made of glass, you know

I would have been that careful

I’ll get you that ice
But…

But then you gotta go

No comments:

Post a Comment