Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Patriot

I got him sitting in the backseat
And he’s trying to say shit
About his rights

Did I touch him?

Guy last shift
Would have shoved his head
Into the fucking pavement

And he’s taking swings at me

They get the good ones
These assholes

They know, too

They know
Who they can push it with
And who’ll crack ‘em
Right in the fucking face

They see me coming, man

They know what’s up

Two charges against me
For slapping somebody
Because it was some crackhead
Fucking socio-bitch
But she was pregnant
And the news got ahold of it
And there goes a charge
On my fucking record

The other one was--

Yeah, you don’t need
To know about that

That’s--

That’s none of your fucking business

No offense

But the first charge was bullshit
And now I got two
And three means
We got a problem

You can be fucking the union President’s mother
And you’re still screwed when you hit number three

So when these fucking dickheads
Give me a hard time now
I just gotta sweat it out
Until I get a few years behind me
And then I’m going to get set up
With a nice desk job
And some title that means
I don’t have to walk the streets
And get harrassed
By these cocksuckers

Like the one I got in my backseat

Not that there’s nothing I can do

I got options

My buddy over at the shop
Tells me when somebody gives me a hard time
Let him know

But it’s fucking humiliating
Having to go to some other guy
Because you can’t handle your own shit
You know what I mean?

But every so often
Somebody like the guy
In the back of the car
Comes along

And that’s when I think--

You know, I’m supposed to be
Getting these guys off the street

And this guy?

He’ll be back out there
In a day
Two, maybe

He can spit in my fucking face
And they’ll have him out at some barbecue
By Sunday afternoon
Talking about how he got one over on me

Fuck that

I’m taking him to the shop

And from there
Who the fuck knows
Where he’ll wind up

That’s none of my business

Gonna be Fourth of July soon

You doing anything for it?

Always used to be
My favorite

Fireworks
Hot dogs
People having fun

And I’ll be sitting in this car
With somebody in the back
Waiting to find out
When I can get my balls back

Waiting to find out
When I can stop taking the punches

And punch back

No comments:

Post a Comment