Saturday, June 27, 2020

The Polygamist's Guide to Social Distancing

Hello, is this Town Hall?


Ah blessing


My name is Flowerbud

And I’m calling from the love commune

Down the road


Yes, we’re the ones

Who run the honey farm


Blessings and prosperity to you

And may your orgasms

Languish

Like those who bathe in the sun’s rays

At the height of Leo Season


I had a question

About gathering limits

That I was hoping

You could help me with


You see, here at the commune

We’re all poly


I, myself, am married

To seventeen other

Nomadic souls


Oh, not legally

We’re aware

That bigamy is a crime


Legally I’m only married

To my beloved

Saltpeat

But spiritually

I’m in sixteen other unions

With men, women

And those who choose

Not to categorize


In fact, just yesterday

I became engaged

To Grapevine Saucer

And we consummated our love

For the first time

In the duck pond

Betwixt the compost heap

And the chili pepper patch


But anyhow

You don’t want to hear

About all that

Sentiment


Let’s talk turkey


And I’m not talking about

My third husband Potato Turkey

Or his wife and my second cousin

Rainstorm Turkey Sunrise


I’m talking about

How I can go on living

With all these people

If the town gathering limit

During the pandemic

Is set at less than ten people?

Surely, you don’t expect

Married people

To live apart?


When you made these

Quote un-quote--


Guidelines


Did you think about the fact

That not every family looks

The same?


You have husbands and wives

And wives and husbands

And husbands and husbands

And wives and wives

And a combination

Of seventeen
Husbands and wives

Living on a honey farm

Cavorting in their cornfields

Wearing only body paint

Made from daffodil sap


You can’t ask us

To keep our distance

From each other

While you allow

Other, more quote un-quote

Traditional couples

Do as they please


Why, oh why

Did my wife

Buttercup Bee Sting

Bother building a bed

Big enough for seventeen people

If now we have to limit ourselves

To TEN people?


Once you subtract

The people in charge of

Summoning the Goddesses of Vibration

That’s barely an orgy


I would ask that you raise the limits

On gatherings

Particularly gatherings of love

And harmony

And do it before the solstice

As that’s typically

Our International Conference

For Those Who Get Turned On

By Watching Dew Settle

On the Roof of a Sweathouse


I’d hate to have to cancel


After all, we have to try to keep

As much normalcy as we can

Don’t we?


It’s important

To try and keep things

As routine

As possible

No comments:

Post a Comment