Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hammond, LA

Bring back some extra bread
If you're going for it

If you're not going for it
Then don't worry about it
But if you're going for it
Just take back some extra with you
And I'll give you the money
When I get paid on Friday

Kinda sad we're down to soda and milk
Wish one of 'em were solid at least

Then at least we'd feel like
We have some sort of a meal
On our hands

Asshole can still smoke though, can't he?
Always has money for cigarettes
Not for rent or food
Or for my doctor's appointments
But plenty of money
To smoke up
When he's feeling stressed out

And just what stresses him out
You might ask?

When I won't screw him
That's what gets him all upset
And what he doesn't--can't--understand
Is that I don't screw him
Because he ain't a man anymore

Man brings home the bread, doesn't he?
The bacon, the bread, the clothing for his kids
Keeps the eviction notices off the door
Keeps the phone from ringing
Keeps everything in order

I don't see anything around here in order
Do you?

Maybe when I do
He'll start getting his again
But I don't see that happening
Anytime soon
And that's, uh--

What do you say?

--That's between you and me
And the birds
And the walls

You got that?

Some people like to fight
I don't like to fight
I'm not going to fight with him
Over going out
Getting up off his ass
And getting a job

I shouldn't have to fight about that
So I don't
I just don't bother at all

Why bother, you know?

Not worth worrying about

All I'm worried about now
Is bread

No comments:

Post a Comment