Thursday, May 10, 2018

Three Hours in Kohls

I got the shirt at Kohls

You know, I went yesterday
Just to get some pants
For Michael’s graduation
And they didn’t have any pants

I looked for three hours
No pants

I asked the girl
She told me they’re getting more pants in
Next week
But what good is next week going to do me
When the graduation is Sunday?

I said to her—

I have a graduation
On Sunday
I need pants

She couldn’t do anything for me
It’s nuts
She agreed with me
That it was nuts
Three hours in Kohls
And not one pair of pants

But I did get the shirt
For Paul to wear
Because he doesn’t have any shirts

I buy him shirts every year
For Christmas
May rolls around
I can’t find a single one of them

I don’t know what he does with them
His shirts
I’m at Kohls every other week
In the summer
Buying him new shirts

And don’t even ask me
About a bathing suit

I’ve given up on them

I can’t find them

You go to Kohls
Every time they have a sale
And you can’t find a bathing suit
That fits right

I don’t know who
They’re making these bathing suits for
But it’s not for women
I’ll tell you that

Three hours in Kohls
And I got the shirt for Paul
And that purse
Ashley wanted
The last time we were in there

She didn’t say anything
But I saw her looking at it
So I got it for her
That was on sale
The shirt wasn’t

The shirt is from last year
And it’s still full price

Nobody knows
How to do a sale anymore

It’s pitiful

All this junk I had to sift through
To find one good shirt
And still no pants
No bathing suit
No shoes for the graduation
So then I had to go to Payless

Oh it was a big mess
Wasted my whole Thursday

I came home and told Paul that
And he said how could it be a waste
When I don’t even work?

Do you believe that?

All of a sudden
He has a problem
With me not working

And I do work
I work at finding him shirts
For his son’s graduation

Three hours I spent in Kohls

What does he think that is?
Leisure time?

Let him spend three hours
Going through thirty different shirts
Trying to figure out
Which one won’t make him look flabby
Then let him tell me about work

Ever since he got laid off from the bank
He’s been on my case
Every day
About what I do
Where I’m going
What am I spending money on

I said—Paul, it’s not like I’m shopping somewhere fancy
Like Nordstrom’s
It’s just Kohls

But nothing satisfies him

I’m just going to start
Walking around naked
I got half a mind too

I’d show up at the graduation
Wearing nothing at all

I might have to anyway
Since apparently
You can’t get a decent
Pair of pants anymore

I’ll just become a nudist
That’ll be the solution

And you know what?

It’ll save me
A whole lot of time

No comments:

Post a Comment