Monday, May 7, 2018

Where I'm At

I was driving home from work
When it hit me

It always hits me
Uh, driving home

Driving home is--

It’s, uh, a tough time
To sort of--

Be wherever you are

--I think

And, uh, I was driving home
From work
Said that
And, uh, it hit me
That I wasn’t going home
To anything

Now, I’m not talking about
Being single

I’ve been single
I’ll be single
Probably for awhile
And that’s fine with me

But, no, I mean, like--

I am going home
To nothing

Like, there is nothing there
For me

And it’s not that
I don’t have a job
Or friends
Or people I can get on the phone with
And, uh, talk with
About stuff
But, uh, I feel like I’m missing
That thing

That, uh, crucial thing
That you’ve got, or--

That you’re supposed to have
Going on

In your life

That thing that makes you get home
And settle in
And feel like
There’s some reason for you
To go to bed
And wake up
And get back out there again

I’m not talking passion
Passion is--

I’m not romantic
I don’t have romantic ideas
About, like, passion

I just…

I just want a thing

I don’t know

Is that why people have kids?

Where I’m at now
Is I don’t want a kid
Or a spouse
Or some wedding to plan
Or, like, a vacation coming up

I just want something
That’s there
Waiting for me
To, like--

I drive home
And home is
This…

It’s not home

And I don’t know why

It used to be home

It used to feel like home

It used to be a place
Where I could…

But then, you know
The world got a little crazy
And I check my phone
And people are messaging me
And I’m just--

It’s this mix of
I don’t trust people
And I love people
And I hope for people
And people are fucking…

Disappointing

And I get the sense
That nobody’s happy for anybody
And that’s a whole--

That’s something
I don’t really even have time to--

Success seems like survival
These days

You alive?

Great, you’re a success

Congratulations

And you made it home, didn’t you?

So what are you complaining about, right?

Right?

Right

I just want to drive home
To a home

To friends
Who are friends

To something
That’s a thing
And not something
I’m occupying myself with
Until the real thing comes along

Whatever that is

Do you know what that is?

I don’t know

Fuck, I don’t

I just keep driving

Driving…

No idea, you know

No idea where I’m going

No comments:

Post a Comment