Friday, September 4, 2020

All Things Fit and Furry

 The chipmunk has gained

Some weight


But I don’t think

It’s a problem


The squirrels and I

Were talking

And we like it

We like that he’s gained weight

He looks good

He looks good with some weight on him


We shouldn’t even be

Talking about this


We shouldn’t even be

Talking about

A chipmunk’s weight

But chipmunks

Don’t tend to be

Sensitive about their weight

Not like voles

So we think it’s okay


And he looks good!


We’re really excited

For him

And this--


I mean, I’ll just say it

I’ll be the first rabbit

To say it


He looks fit!


He looks fit

He looks happy

He looks healthy

I’m not a squirrel

But if I were a chipmunk

I’d be happy with

You know

Coming home

To a chipmunk like him


I saw him the other day

In the forest

And I was like--


You been running

Up and down

The branches a lot?


And he told me--


Yeah, yeah

You know?

Just doing my thing


There was--


I don’t want to say

There was some tension there

But there was a little bit

Of tension


You know, he had a couple of nuts

And his tail was looking good

Looking a little fluffy

On the fluffy side

A little thicc

I would say

I mean, I know it’s just

A little ball of whatever

But it was looking good

And I, uh--


You know, as a rabbit

I’m not stranger

To muscular physique


We’re kind of--


Rabbits are kind of

Known for that


But I recognize a nice form

On another member

Of the rodent family

When I see it


We’ve all been going through it lately

What with them

Putting a Trader Joe’s next door

And cutting down

All those trees

But I think sometimes

Hard times

Kind of bring out some good stuff

And I think

If you look at the chipmunks lately

You can see

They’re really making the most

Out of all their--


They’re running with it

And with nuts, of course

A lot of nuts


Gotta eat nuts

If you want to keep

Those legs looking good


That’s what I always--


Wow, the sun today

Is just BEATING, isn’t it?


Feels like it’s really

Beating down


Hard to avoid

The heat these days


Lately it’s just

Been getting hotter

And hotter

No comments:

Post a Comment