Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Heard It's Good

So how long are you in town?

Two days?

That's great

You should really go see some theater while you're in town

So, let's see--two days

You could see two shows

Three if you caught a matinee on Saturday

Is there anything you've heard about that sounds interesting to you?

Ohhhh The Tempest

I heard it's good

One of my friends saw a preview
And said it changed her life
And now she wants to move to a deserted island
With a gender ambiguous twelve-year-old

Yeah, you should definitely see that

The revival of Call Me Madam?

Oh, I heard it's goooooood

Someone posted a clip of one of their rehearsals
And one of the comments said that Sheila Fenton
Is giving the performance of a lifetime
And that if you don't see it
You might as well just kill yourself

So that's a possibility, right?

That new play by Christopher Diaz?

You know what?

I heard it's goooooooooood

Someone on Twitter read a page from the script
And they said it was the best page of anything
They've ever read

You should definitely try to catch that

Oh, and the revival of his last play Confusion

I heard it's soooooooooo gooooooood

I know someone who's in it
And they said it's amazing

They specifically said they're amazing in it
And even though it seems like they'd be biased
They promised me that they're not biased at all
And that both they and the show
Are phenomenal

So you might want to add that to the list

You know what?

I'm probably overwhelming you right now
With all these choices

You should just enjoy yourself while you're here
And not worry about checking stuff off a list

Just go grab dinner somewhere
And relax

Where?

Well, do you know about that new restaurant Tori's?

I heard it's good...

No comments:

Post a Comment