Saturday, April 7, 2012

That California Living

Sco-hopping in the front lawn
Years tears out of his eyes
Like's something, something, something
Don't give a shit
Don't give a shit AT ALL

Scratching his balls
Like I care
Like I care what he does
Problem is he got on a plane
Once you get on a plane
You can never have not gotten on that plane
You see what I mean?

I did my best
To keep him from it
From traveling
Going out
Going out west
Soaking up all that poison sunlight

But in the end
I was beat
By the law declaring
My son was no longer
Of. My. Control.

Seems a lot of stuff
Is no longer
Of. My. Control.

Well, well, well

I wanted to keep my son away from California
Because his mind was precious to me
A beautiful porcelain mind
Like a fine China plate

And I'd treasure it
And make him polish it
And tell him 'Don't go to California'

You go to California
You come back with a soft head
And didn't I call it?

Didn't I just call it?

Now all he's doing
Is California living

Not working
Not giving a shit
Not even staring
When the neighbor girl
With the nice ass walks by

It's like I don't even know him anymore

He's talking about opening up a juice shack
And getting into a religion
That believes in nature gods

I hit him every time he says it
But all it does is make him laugh
Because I never was any good at disciplining

Which is how he wound up on a plane
In the first place

That and he wanted to find his dad
Which is...

Well, he didn't find him

But he did come home
Looking just like him

Acting like he did, too
Right before he left

All big ideas
And ball-scratching

Not that it was unloveable
The opposite in fact

But the living

The living was unlivable

That California living

It was never something
I could tolerate

So now what?

I guess I got to put up with sco-hopping
And sunglasses
And crying years and tears
But I. Don't have.  Control.

Oh well

Guess I should dig a pool or something

Guess I'm gonna need to get used
To all this
Light

No comments:

Post a Comment