Friday, September 27, 2019

Warren Beatty

I just have a hard time believing
That at one point
Every woman in Hollywood
Wanted to have sex
With Warren Beatty

Now, I’ve seen the old movies
I get that, uh, I get that
That he was--

I’m sure he’d be attractive
To, you know, some people

Not me
I mean--
Maybe if I was older

Or, like, if I was young
At the time
When he was young

Looks change
Fashions change

But I think it’s more likely
That, like--

Women were just expected
To like Warren Beatty

That there was this
Agreed upon--thing
In Hollywood
That you had to like him
Because he was him

And, uh, I mean,
He wasn’t the first guy
That they pulled that with

That’s a thing, right?

That’s a thing
That Hollywood
The movie industry
Just does
Does and did
Where they’re like--

Like this guy
And then people do

But it’s complicated
Because
If women were, you know
Consensually doing things
With Warren Beatty
Then
We can’t really have a problem with that
Right?

But what if they’re doing stuff with him
Because they feel like
They have to
Because they’re been, like, gaslit
Into believing
It’s in their best interest
Or that
They should be attracted to him
Even if they’re not

You know, if enough people
Tell you
That somebody is attractive
The human brain
Is not programmed
To fight off
That kind of influence

Attraction is something--

You can quote
All the science you want at me
And god knows I respect science, but--

The truth is
We are not strong enough beings
To handle
Being told
That someone is gorgeous
Someone is handsome
Someone is someone that we MUST be with
And just--resist that

Some people can
But most?

No

Most people go with the flow
When it comes to--

And I hate using language like that
‘Go with the flow’

And I’m not trying to slut-shame
Warren Beatty for being with lots of women
Provided it was all on the, you know, up and up
But, let’s face it
Chances are
It was not all on the up and up

And I don’t think
That if, you know, any of us
Heard
That Warren Beatty
Back then
Acted like a real asshole
To any of those women
Or even one woman
That we’d be all that surprised

Sometimes it’s just a feeling

We’re thinking of how we--

How we start to rid the, uh,
The world, I guess,
Of men who are--

You know

And I think it’s not just about
Finding the monsters
And the people who are so, like,
Definitely bad

But also the ones
Who have been set up
To just--

Like pigs to the slaughter, you know?

The ones we were manipulated
Into--

Because that’s kind of--

That kind of can’t be consensual, can it?

Right?

Doesn’t that sound right?

No comments:

Post a Comment