Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Sarah Jessica Parker Wants You to Know How Nice She Is

I just want you to know
How nice I am

I mean, I am really
Really nice
And it’s just--

It’s--

You know
It’s an affront

It’s an affront to suggest
That, ha, all this, uh--niceness
Is some sort of, you know
Game or
Strategy
Or something
On my part

I mean, I can’t help it
That I don’t want to be perceived
As a bitch
Because I’m not
I’m not a bitch
And frankly
It’s hard for me
To even say the word ‘bitch’
Because I don’t think
Women
Should be talked about
In that way

And as a feminist
And yes,
Yes
I do consider myself
A feminist
But, like, a feminist
Who believes in love
And happy endings
And marriage
And kids
And, you know
Also working
Working
For what you want
And what you believe--

And don’t forget
I had a part
A large part
We all did
All of us involved in, uh
The show
We all took part
Participated in
The sexual, uh
You know, liberation
Of women
I think

And I hate bringing that up, because
Uh
It’s like
I don’t want to brag
I’m not, you know
I’m not a braggart
And I’m not--

I don’t have a big head

But it’s hard
It’s just so hard
When you’re a woman, who--

One of many women
Who, who--
Don’t get their due, you know?

For what they’ve achieved

And it would be easy
It would be really easy
For me to just, uh
Keep, uh, shrugging this off
And just let it, uh, uh, stand

But I also, uh, I also
Will not be
A doormat

I’m not going to be a doormat
I’m not going to be, uh, walked over
Walked all over
You know?

So yes, I am going to sit here
Stand here, sorry
Sorry
And say--

I’m nice

Yes, I’m nice

I’m a nice person

And it’s a shame
It’s just
A shame
That nice people
Have to, uh
Assert that now
That they have to--

Declare it

It’s embarrassing
I’m embarrassed

Because I’m nice
You see--
You see what I mean?

I’m nice
And so
It’s embarrassing to me
To have to say that
To have to say
I’m nice

But I am

You know?

I am

I’m just, uh
Most of the time
I’m just--

Too nice

To say it

No comments:

Post a Comment