Wednesday, April 7, 2021

I Got the Juice

I found someone

Using my portal

And I was cross


I was cross

According to my creator

Who said that when an android’s routine

Is disturbed

It’s common

For the android

To want to rip the head off

Whoever it was

That brought about the disruption


I did not wish

To rip off any heads

But I wanted what I am told is justice

Because I was wronged


That led to me putting in a request

At the front desk

That the android who used my portal

Submit a formal apology to me

For the slight


Then I waited


A day went by, then four

And after a year

I decided that my irritation

Had turned into a grudge

And I needed satisfaction


I went right up to that android

And I listed the time and date

Of its infraction


Its position was that

The only available portal

Was too far

And it wanted something

More convenient

And all that I could have forgiven

But then it asserted

That I was not owed an apology

Because portals are not assigned


At that moment

I did want to rip off heads

But I cooled down my mainframe

And explained to the android

Something I sure it was already aware of


That while portals are not, in fact, assigned

Each android has a portal

That it prefers

And there is an unspoken arrangement

Amongst all the androids at the lab

That each of us uses the same portal

And our plugs get adjusted

To the same sockets


I had the hardest time

Getting my plugs

Into a foreign socket

And I informed the android

That the extra time wasted

And the minor damage

Down to my plugs

Was enough of an offense to me

That not only was an apology necessary

But it was the least the android could do


This seemed to make

The other android angry

And it informed me

That I needed to modulate my tone

If I was going to continue

To voice things to it


I chose, in that moment,

To be even more voluminous

And so I raised my volume

And one thing led to another

And the next thing I know

My head is ripped off

By the other android

Who was a much stronger model

Than I was


Something I didn’t know

At the time


When I was having my head reattached

I regretted my earlier anger

Not because I thought

I was entitled to it

But because I think

I did too much with it


And my anger beget anger


The other android got angry

And my creator was angry

For having to pay

To have my head reattached


I have half a mind

To leave you headless


But of course

He didn’t mean it


I’m one of his favorite androids

And after my skirmish

He assigned portals

To all the androids

And I got mine exclusively

To myself


The android who was cross with me

Got even more cross

But there was nothing

It could do about it


So you see

In some way

I did get justice


I guess you could say

That in the end

I came out

Ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment