Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Candy Perfume Girl

I want to take you shopping

We can put you in different things

And I’ll tell you

Which things I like the best


It’s hard for me to tell

Until I see you in--


Things


Some men look good in ties


I’ve never been with

A man like that


I don’t like ties


But if you look good

In a tie

I’ll buy you a tie

And you can wear it

While you date

Some other woman


The important thing

About all this

Is that you allow me

To purchase things for you

That you’re going to enjoy

And not make a fuss about it


Because that’s how I’ll know

You’re confident

In yourself

As a man


I have to tell you

And I need you to know

This isn’t coming from

A place of arrogance, but--


I am always going

To be so much more than you

In so many ways


And if you can’t make peace with that

Than you and I have no future together


And you should know

That the world is not going to let you

Make peace with that


The world makes war

And it enjoys it

And it really enjoys

Making war against women

Especially woman like me


You are going to need

Quite the constitution

If you want to be with me

And so we’ll start

With what we put you in

And they’ll snap photos of us

And write stories

About how I’m dressing you

And controlling you

And in charge of you

And they’ll use language

That some people would consider

To be emasculating


I don’t believe anything

To be emasculating

I find that very word

To be inane

But that will be the tone

Of whatever they write


That you’re having

Your manhood taken away from you

By me

And that I’m keeping it in a little box

In my bedroom

Next to Ariel’s voice

And the souls of all my enemies


You have to learn

To get over that

And tell yourself

That nobody matters

Except you and yours truly


So we’re going to start small

And this is small


This is nothing


A nice suit

A pair of shoes

A haircut


It’s all nothing

Compared to the first time

I buy you a car

Or a boat

Or something that you think

You should be able

To buy for yourself


Very few people

Can buy themselves

A car that costs

What most people spend

On a house


And when you buy me things

You’ll be buying me them

With my own money

And that will be strange for you

And you’ll have to, again

Make peace with it


I know all this is going

To be hard for you

But not nearly as hard

As it is being me

Today and everyday of my life


So pick out a suit you like

And I’ll buy it

And we’ll go from there


All right?


All right


Let’s give them

Something good

For the story of it all

No comments:

Post a Comment