Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Whatever Pulls You Towards Life

I say, you know,

I say if it

If it

If it pulls you towards life

Go


I don’t stop

When life pulls me


I don’t stop and ask why


I see life

And I see so many things

In the way of

In the way of life

And so I see people despair


So much

So much despair

Is what I see

And the despair--why?


Because of the things

In the way

In the way of life


So if life pulls you

And it will--


You see, this is why

I never despair

Because I know

That all it is about

Is standing still

Still enough so that when life

When it pulls you

You can go

You can

You can go along with it

Like the tide

Like the beautiful water

That wants to take you

Here and there

And not to death

Never to death

Because if you don’t fight the water

It will drop you far away

But it will not hurt you

It will never do that


I was in the airport

And someone handed me a ticket

I take the ticket

And I go to the terminal

I go to the terminal

And I get on the plane

And I go where I go


I get off the plane

And it’s warm

It’s hot and sunny

I get myself a lemonade

I sit down on a beach


Life took me here

It will keep me here

Or take me somewhere else


And my job?


My job is to go


So I go


But I don’t go for a long time

Because life doesn’t call me


Life has to go and pull others

To where they need to go


So I set up shop

I sell my wares

I make a living

I live

I have a living

I have children

I have a partner

Who loves me

And I love them


Years later, life comes calling again

And I have to close up shop

And kiss my children

And tell them I love them

And go where I need to go


Back to an airport

Back with a ticket

This time another terminal

Another location

And when I land

I am old

And I am pulled with much more force

Because I am heavier than I was

In my heart and my soul

For things I have seen

And people I have lost


Life does not have

Such an easier time

Pulling me to where

I must go


So it lets me rest

And when I rest

I can feel life

Hiding all around me


But I am happy

Because I knew

That I did not fight

And I did not despair


I let myself go

And look where I was


A full life

A good life

A life given to me

By life


How miraculous


What a miracle

It was

No comments:

Post a Comment