Monday, November 9, 2009

A Beautiful Gutter

I'm going to get out of here
And wind up in the gutter
But let me tell you something
It's going to be a beautiful gutter

I'm going to crash land
Into a sewer pit
But it'll be a sewer pit
So far from you
It'll look blue to me

I'm going to die in a river ravine
With the clean washed out of me
By tears destroyed
By some boy
Whose number I deleted it

And it's going to be soft
It's going to be desert hot
It's going to be crass
It's going to be nasty there
But it's going to be someplace
Better than here

It's going to be a nightmare
Where I stare into space
And place myself back in your arms
Knowing those arms are harmful
To human skin

And I begin to wonder
Why I bothered curling up
Against an ice patch
Like the batch of bullshit
You tried laying on me

I don't know where I'll be in two years
But I won't be here

Isn't that the best sentence
In the whole damn world?

'I won't be here'

I'm going to be somewhere
And nowhere
And be a nobody
In a no place kinda place
And it's going to be great

It'll be a gutter
But kid, it'll be a beautiful gutter

No comments:

Post a Comment