Monday, November 9, 2009

I See You Picked An Adjective

I see you picked an adjective

I see you decided on 'vulnerable'
I'm a 'vulnerable' character
Lots and lots of 'vulnerable'

I see you've decided
To look down a lot
And talk soft
And attempt crying

Granted, you failed
I mean, granted
You failed

But you chose
You made a clear choice
Bravo for that

I mean, there wasn't a verb
Anywhere in what you did
You didn't present a single action
For the entire two hours
You were onstage

But you were very adjective-y
I could tell right away
That you were 'vulnerable'
That was VERY clear

And about a minute into figuring out
That you were 'vulnerable'
I was so excited to see what this 'vulnerable' character
Was going to do

And then you just kept playing 'vulnerable'
And then I got bored
And then I zoned out
And when I zoned back in

Still 'vulnerable'

But good for you
Good for you for picking
An adjective
And committing to it

Who knows?

Maybe next time you'll actually decide
To do more

Wouldn't that be something?

No comments:

Post a Comment