Thursday, November 26, 2009

Play to Lose

We've established that I'm your favorite game
We've figured out that the blame is on me
And I see that I should roll
And hope the dice stays nice
For the time being

You gotta play
You gotta take all your chances
I'm the game that you play to lose

You gotta juggle
And remain with your focus
But if you drop me
Then I'm here
To lose

We're just kids in a store with no candy
We're just practicing at being let down
We're not the talk of the town
Or the newest contraption

We're just losers
And we love to lose

I'm not the lover that you want to wake up to
I'm not the choice or the chosen one

I'm not the best or the brightest or nicest
I'm the game that you play to lose

You want to love me
But it's not in the cards
It's not the way
That the world works out

I'm not the plan
I'm not the man you'll wind up
I'm a game
That you play to lose

And if you think
That you're shocking me silly
That you're rocking my mind here
That you're breaking my heart
Or that I'm waiting around

Waiting's a game
That you're gonna lose

No comments:

Post a Comment