Friday, November 13, 2009

The Boys

I liked this one
Green eyes
Lady hands
The pianist

I like him
He seems like he was kind
Quiet, right?

How long was he for?

Two years
Wow
Two whole years
And you don't talk now?

Wow

Two years gone

Well, not gone
Well-spent
They were well-spent, weren't they?
Would you say?

Good

That's good

What happened there?

Just like that?

Wow

Kinda scary

Does he still play?

Oh

That's too bad

Did you live together?

I imagined you two
In the middle of the night
Sitting at the piano
Playing and singing
And being tender

That's what I think of
When I look at him

He was there when you quit drinking, right?

And he stayed that whole time?

Wow

That's nice
That's really nice

This one--Mr. Charm

Look at how much attention he's paying
To his body

Everything's in a specific place

His left bicep is front and center
His tiny ears are hidden by hair
His glasses are off

He's very focused

He was the one you were with
When your Mom got sick, right?

Did he bail?

Wow

I would have thought
He'd have bailed

Guess you can be wrong...

So why did he leave?

.....

You left?

Wow

I never--

Why?

Why did you leave?

Yeah

Just happens, I guess

This one--Surfer Guy

Well, he looks like a surfer
Even if he didn't surf

What was he like?

I picture him being rad
You know, people don't say rad anymore
But he looks so...rad

A C.P.A?

Really?

Did he just surf on the--

Ohhh, it was his first time

How did he do?

That poorly?

Wow

And he looks like--

Wow

So how did that one...you know?

Moved to Alberta?

People move to Alberta?

Was it business?

He just felt like moving to Alberta?

Okay

That's...

Okay

He was the one you went to Africa with, right?

That must have been cool
That must have been really cool

I like looking at them

Because they came first
Because they were here before me
Because they must have left a mark, right?

In some ways
It's like I'm dating them

Because people leave such strong impressions
Most of the time

Some of them I like
Some, I don't

But I like you

I do like you

I wonder if I'd have preferred to come first

I would if I could have gone through all that stuff with you
If I could have been there first

Maybe

Maybe I could have

Well...

Just well

No comments:

Post a Comment