Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You Can Have the Past

You can have the past
I'm taking the next seven days
I'm taking next December
I'm taking the next two decades
It's all coming with me

But you can have the memories
You can have what you believe
Were the good times

You can pick 'em apart
And dance on 'em
And laugh at 'em
And cuddle up with 'em
On a lonely Friday night

I'm going out and finding next week
I'm going to find it
And grind up on it
And make it buy me dinner

I'm going to eat up every month
Every month that I would have let go by
Without even a wave
When I was drowning time with you

I'm going to find a pavement
With rain still wet on it
And see if I can shine my shoes
On my walk home

But everything else?
Everything here?

You can have it

You can take the past
The next part's coming
With me

No comments:

Post a Comment