Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Play With or Without You

I can kiss this girl
I can take her face in my hand
And see her eyes slyly climb
Up to my fingertips

I can see light
I can find it in her hair
Even as dark
As it is

I can find it in her
I can find it in her breath
In the way she gives me her wrist
To lightly raise
Up to my cheek

I can praise her in this unholy temple
Where the bad men come to pray
Where they feast on the trinkets she gives them
To last until she finally gives in
And gives herself away

Play Without or Without You

Make me a good man
Make me a daring young man
Who scales the fears he can't see the tops of
But knows she's up there somewhere
Waiting for him

Put me in her heart
Put me there so deep
So solid in there
That she can't take me out

Let me slow dance with her
Underneath the streetlight
Outside her house

Let a fog envelop us
And carry us back to noir
Back to when we had a mystery to solve
And a carriage to ride off in

I want to her to destroy me
I want to be tampered with
I want to be the trail she left behind her
On her way to the next day

Play With or Without You

Can you play it
Can you play it just right?

Just right

No comments:

Post a Comment