Saturday, July 26, 2014

You Might Not Be a Dentist

Krorg, before we begin
I just have to ask
Do you have any actual experience
As a dentist?

Well, yes, you did a nice job
Extracting that mammoth's tooth
But the mammoth was already dead at the time

So there's really no way to know
If he suffered
While you were stabbing him in the gums
With your sharpened stick

Also, my mouth is much smaller than that mammoth's
So stabbing me in the gums
Using the same sharp stick you used on him--

--An axe, I might add, that hasn't been cleaned
Since it was used on the mammoth--

--Well, it seems sort of...illogical

Now, Krorg, don't pout
Of course I'm very grateful to you
For offering to help me
With my tooth

But it seems to me that, and I know you're touchy about this, so I didn't want to--

Well, the thing is, Krorg

You might not be a dentist

Now, we only invented the word 'dentist'
A few weeks ago
After you got the tooth out of the mammoth
But since then
You've attempted to pull teeth out of several people
And they've all wound up with holes in their faces
And rather serious infections

Blepp probably would have died from his
If he hadn't been eaten by Little Hands

Yes, it was funny...

(Imitates a tyrannosaurus eating a man, then laughs and laughs.)

...But the point is, I'm not entirely comfortable letting you near my mouth

I know you have a passion for this, Krorg
But passion doesn't necessarily make you good at something

Remember when Scrumph wanted to be the Main Storyteller in the tribe
But she was really terrible at it
But she was Sploog's daughter
So we had to let her be Main Storyteller
Because Sploog donated all the Sabretooth blood
To have the cave repainted?

Scrumph loooooved being storyteller
But it just wasn't a good....fit....for her

Just like this might not be a good fit for you
And, whereas bad storytelling really only hurts the soul,
Bad dentistry can do far more damage

We're a civilized tribe now, Krorg
No more wars, no more unjustified murder
We've started eating kale
It's time to adopt more practical, uh, practices
When it comes to this sort of thing

So if it's all right with you
I'm going to let the tribal doctor
Take care of my tooth
And--once you get more training...on other people...

...Dead people...

We can talk about making you an official dentist

All right?

Krorg, I knew you'd understand
And so did Dr. Foosh

He's already got a plan for how to get my tooth out
Apparently it's very easy

You just drill a hole through the back of the person's skull
And pull the tooth out that way

Quick and painless
As long as the patient's head is covered in swamp mud
And bird droppings

You see, Krorg?

That's why we leave these things to the professionals

No comments:

Post a Comment