Thursday, March 29, 2018

The Easter Virgin

Easter is always the craziest holiday


Like, it’s not quite Thanksgiving
And it’s definitely not Christmas
It's not Halloween
You can't dress up
Unless you want to dress up like a bunny
Which would be fucking stupid


It’s too religious to be any fun
But it’s not religious enough
To be, you know
Like pretty or anything
With, like, pretty Jesus dioramas
On people's lawns
Or whatever


And that’s why I decided
I was going to lose my virginity
On Easter


I was really just looking for a way to--


Uh, spice things up, I guess?


You know, like
Spice up Easter? Because I always just
Fucking dread
Easter

So like, I decided
To have sex
For the first time
On Easter
And it was
Literally
The first time I have ever
Looked forward
To Easter


No joke


I was seventeen
And I had had it
With being a virgin
And I was so over, like--


Not being young enough
To get an Easter basket
Which is, literally
The only fun thing about Easter
And, you know, the egg hunt
Coloring the eggs and--

Like, anything
Non-egg related about Easter
Is just--


I was just over everything
And so I was like--


Okay, let’s be proactive


Let’s find out how to take two things
That I really don’t like--


My virginity
And Easter


And put a silver lining on them


Therego--


Losing my virginity on Easter
Right?


So I went online
And found this guy
Who had English Lit with me
And I was like--


Do you want to take my virginity?

And he was like--


I would, but it’s Easter It's like a family day

And I was like--
Actually, it's not about family
It's about Jesus

And he was like--

Yeah, but--


And I was like--

Do your whole Easter dinner thing
With your family
Then come take my virginity


And he was like--


I kind of can’t
My mom will be mad


And I was like--


It’s not Christmas
You eat the ham
And you’re done


You’re done by like two o’clock
Three tops
Five if you end up playing board games
Or whatever


But he was one of those people
Where, like, every holiday
Is a whole day of just, like
Sitting around with your family
Just staring at each other
Wondering what to talk about
And not losing your virginity


So, long story short--


I ended up having sex
A few months later
Like, right before Fourth of July
Which is another loser holiday


But, like, it’s a little more sexy
Because of the heat
And the summer
And the flags and stuff

So...


I guess there are, like
Worse ways
To lose it


But Easter still sucks


I mean, I’m sorry
If you’re into Jesus or whatever
Because, I mean, if you are
I guess it’s an okay holiday
But if you’re just sort of
Whatever about it
Like me, then--you know


You just make the most of it, I guess


I guess that’s really
All you can do

No comments:

Post a Comment