Sunday, May 16, 2021

Can't We Just Stay Here?

Can’t we just

Stay here?


I know it’s not far

From what’s going on

But it feels better


It feels better here


We’ve got the curtains

The big curtains

And so I don’t know

I don’t know

What time it is

I don’t know

What it’s like outside

And the walls

The walls

Are nice and thick

So I can’t hear

Anything that’s going on

Outside

And so I feel very calm here

And it’s big

That’s the other thing

I think we have to think about

How it’s nice and spacious here

And there’s room

To move around

And so we can stay here

For a long time

Before we need

To feel anxious about anything


I don’t feel anxious here


It’s a miracle

But I don’t


I feel really great


And I’m not, uh,

I’m not unaware

Of what’s going on

Outside of here

But the reality is

We can’t get very far


If you look at

What we’re dealing with

There’s really no way

For us to, you know,

Get in a car

And drive a thousand miles

I wish we could

But we can’t

So
I think we have to

Look at where we are

And ask ourselves

If there’s any way

We can just stay here?


I don’t smell the smoke

I know other people are saying

They can smell smoke

But I can’t smell it


I think it’s psychosomatic

I really do

I think they think

They’re smelling smoke

When really

It’s just what they imagine

Is going on outside


And we don’t know

If that’s what’s going on outside


Anything could be going on outside

But it’s still a ways away

It’s at a distance right now

And there’s no reason to think

It’s going to get

Any closer than it is


We could also

Pick a direction

And go forth

And what do you know?


It followed us there


So it’s just--


It’s about determining

What the smartest use of, you know

Our collective energy is

And right now
I just don’t see it--


The best use of it, I mean


--Being a, a, a, a--running


I don’t see running

Being the best way

To go about things, and, uh--


I see how you’re looking at me

But I--I know what I’m able to do

At this very moment

And I know I’m not able

To go somewhere

From here


This--


This is it for me

One way or another

I’m not, uh, I’m not going

Anywhere else


And that’s just--


I’m sorry

But that’s just

How it’s going to be


I wish I could tell you

That if I had to

I could get up and go

Because I know

It might, uh, it might

Come to that

But, uh, if it does

Then, uh--


You’ll have to

Go on

Without me

No comments:

Post a Comment