Monday, May 17, 2021

Cinderella's Prince Tries to Remember Cinderella

Well, the first thing is--

She was quite beautiful


I remember being taken in

With her unassailable beauty


And then there was, uh--


Her hair


I remember her

Having hair


She had great hair

It was--very hairy, and uh--


On top of her head

It was pretty much all there

I don’t think there was any hair

On her nose

But I suppose I could be mistaken


And her hair color was, uh--


It was very colorful

Her hair

It had great color to it

I would say…


A brown-ish blonde?

With maybe a little red?

Some red?

I thought I saw some red

But it might have been

The lighting


The lighting in the palace

Always makes it difficult

To tell what color

Someone’s hair is

But if I had to guess--


I’d say slightly red

But brown, maybe dark

Or just brown-ish

And not that dark

But sort of

And I think I saw

Some purple?


Uh, her dress was--


Well-made


Very well-made


She must have gone to

Quite a dressmaker

To get that dress


It was almost magical

How it was constructed


So maybe an elf

Made it for her?


The elves are always

Making things

Perhaps when I go

Looking for her

I should start with

The local elves

And, uh, sort of--


Circle out

From there


She had shoes

Glass slippers

That I know for sure!


Because she, uh,

Left one of them behind


Otherwise I might not

Have been very sure

In regards to, uh,

The design of the shoe, or, uh,

Whether or not
She was wearing sandals

Or barefoot, or, uh--


She sort of smelled

Like a pumpkin?

I don’t know

If that’s helpful

But I remember dancing with her

And thinking--


This woman is very beautiful

But she smells like a jack-o-lantern


Not that something so trivial

Would stop me

From loving her


Because one falls in love

At first sight

Such flaws are easy

To overlook


The minute I looked

Into her green-grey-brown eyes

I knew that we were destined

To spend the rest of our lives together


Assuming we’re the same age

Because I seem to remember her

Looking a little older than me

Or younger

Slightly younger

Maybe drastically older

It’s hard to say


You know, the whole night

Was such a whirlwind

And with all that bad lighting

It’s hard to recall much

About her

Other than that

She could dance very well

And I wanted to marry her

As soon as I laid my eyes

On her lovely face

Which I wish

I could describe to you

But it was, uh, well--


It was a face

A wonderful face

A wonderful, uh--


She had a chin

I know that


I’m fairly confident

She had two ears

A chin

And eyes with colors

And some hair

On her head


And, you know,

When you’re in love

The way I’m in love

What else do you need

To know?

No comments:

Post a Comment