Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Offend in Every Way

In the morning, we have

To tape up the blinds


I went to the store earlier

When it got dark out

And I bought out

All their black tape


I had to go to

Three more stores

And buy out

Their supply too


It’s important

We sleep throughout

The morning

And go out

Right before

It gets dark


Everyone is expecting us

To make a move

In the morning

Or early morning

When it’s still dark


We need to work

In the dark

But we can’t work

When everyone thinks

We’re going to work


So we’ll do it

Early evening

But we need

To be back here

Before ten


I need you to get

As much sleep
As you can

And stop asking

Questions

And smoking

To try

And calm yourself down


Drink if you have to

Or take whatever pills

Will knock you out


But when you wake up

You need to wake up

With a clear head


I’m going to be slow-talking

With you

About this next part though

So listen up--


I just need you

To not get

In

My way


You are there for support

You are there for encouragement

You are there to drive the car

And drive it fast

And not talk

And not question me

And not try to get out of this apartment

Until I tell you

It’s okay


Because for some reason

Every time I get help

I take them out

In the morning

To go for a run-through

And the next thing I know

They come back here

And they go to sleep

And they don’t wake up

And then I have to deal

With disposing

Of their bodies


I don’t mind disposing

Of bodies

For people I don’t like

But I liked some of my sidekicks

And they weren’t any use to me dead

So I need to keep you alive

And that means no run-through

But that’s okay


All you need to do is run
And not even run

Just drive

And not talk


We’re going to tape up the blinds

We’re going to go to sleep

You can sleep in

You can get well-rested

Because I don’t know what it is

About the daytime

That always messes

With my helpers

But if you’re awake enough

It probably won’t do that to you


You just need to feel safe

And then eventually

You’ll be safe

And rich

And we can come back here

And both of us

Can get a good night’s sleep

And then another one

And then another one


We’ll sleep good

For the rest of our lives

And all you have to do

Is stay in that closet

Under those blankets

And not move

Or make a sound

Until it’s time

To go

To work

No comments:

Post a Comment