Wednesday, July 8, 2020

The Same Boy You've Always Known

You gonna get up?

You should get up

If you can't get up
You can't get up
But if you can
You should
You got it?

You know who I am?

You want to know
Who I am?

You scared of me?

You know why
You should be scared?

You should get up

Get up
And I'll tell you
My name

If you can pronounce it

There are a lot of consonants

Two 'w's back-to-back
And a 'q' in there
If you know
What to do
With a 'q'

I don't want to
Make you get up

I don't want to make you
Do anything

But I was told
To get you up
And get you dressed
And get you ready
To go

But I don't make people
Do things

Enough people in the world
Wanting to do things
So that I--

I don't see the point
In making anybody
Do anything

Just pass it along
To somebody
Who wants to do it
That's how I feel about it

If you loved me
I bet you
Could say my name

I bet you'd know
What to do
With all those letters
And you'd say it easy
Like how parents
Can say their kids' names easy
No matter
How hard
They are

But you're too busy
Laying in a bed
Waiting for left
To go right
And right
To go left

And your name
Isn't hard
To say
At all

Just a couple of letters
That say
Who you are

And you don't even
Appreciate it

You don't even appreciate
How easy it is
To be
You

No comments:

Post a Comment